Hey everyone! Again I apologise for the lack of blogging! There just seems to be so much going on in my life right now. I am still creating cards, I just have to take photos and blog them. Easier said than done right now though…LOL! But of course I could not, not post this challenge. And boy oh boy!!! This certainly was a challenge. I was starting to think I wasn’t going to have anything to show. I did quite a few cards and I just wasn’t happy with them. Finally I did something I could use….lol!
Here is the challenge-
Here is sneak peak…..I’m such a tease….
And here is the rest of it…
My initial thought when I saw the pic was brayering. Not to sure why?! But with a couple of ideas thrown around and a great friends input I went with water spritzing and using the colours from the painting in the BG. While the stamped image was still wet I gave the card a flick and it spread the ink even further around. It resembles something like spider veins! I just love how this technique turns out. When the card was dry I used my Aqua painter to run Regal Rose around and outlined some petals and stems. Looks a bit like crayon with the texture showing through. Just love it!! What do you think?
I was playing with stamp set A Rose is a Rose first but the end result looked to blurry and a little too ‘blah’! I will work with it though.
- Stamp set– Inspired by Nature, Baroque Motifs and Flight of the Butterfly
- Cardstock- Regal Rose textured, Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Watercolour paper and Very Vanilla.
- Ink– Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose
- Accessories– Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon, Pink Pirouette Button, Linen Thread, Water Spritzer, Aqua Painter, Scallop Circle Punch, 1 3/8 & 1 1/4 Circle Punches and Eyelet Edge Punch.
But also don’t forget to check out all the other DT’s fabulous work
- Reneeand the gorgeous and sweet owner of Inkspiration Challenges
- and guest designer for July Nancy Riley
They never disappoint!