I have been doing it a lot lately and have come across some absolutely gorgeous cards. I was so inspired to do one in particular which you will see below. It was on a site by Aubrie Benson who was also inspired for that same card, and that was by MJ Albright. They both do some absolutely wondrous cards. Mj had also recently just helped me understand a few things with the wordpress blogging system. It takes a bit to get around and publish a nice blog. I think I’m slowly getting there.
Anyway here’s the card,
I love it. I don’t know why but I’m going through a baby cardmaking phase. And before you say it I’m not pregnant…PMSL. Even though my mum tells me that I’m to be pregnant by November ( because a psychic told her so) NOT going to happen people! I’ve had my fair share.
- Stamp Set– Nursery Necessities
- Cardstock– Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Ruby Red
- Ink– Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Ruby Red
- Accessories– Bashful Blue Ribbon
- Tools– Cuttlebug, Word Window Punch, White Signo Gel Pen, different sizes in Circle Punch and Dimensionals.
I distressed the edges of the Ruby Red cardstock with my fingernails. But if you have weak nails you can use any sort of distressing tool to do the same job. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the Chocolate Chip Cardstock. I love these folders, they give such great texture.
I used the circle punches to make the waves. (cute hey?!) I did two layers and dimensionaled the second one. I then made faux stitching with my white Signo Gel Pen around the edge of Ruby Red. It’s a very nice bordering effect don’t you think? I haven’t done this very much before, but I think I will from now on.
I did make another card last night as well. I just got some kraft cardstock in the post and had to give it a go. I also got the Tart and Tangy Stamp Set so I thought I might combine the two. I’m very happy with the outcome,
- Stamp Set– Tart and Tangy and Warm Words
- Cardstock– Kraft, Rose Red and Old Olive
- Ink– Rose Red and Old Olive
- Tools– Mat Pack, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals and Tape
A very easy card to put together. I was this close to putting ribbon on but changed my mind. i think it looks good without. My scallops are hand cut as I’m yet to get the punch. Just wait til I do! I will probably not use it….lol.