It’s my Birthday and I’ll make cards if I want to!
Well now I’m in ‘full on’ mode for birthdays (see last post). I just got this stamp set this month from the SU promotion. I have always eyed it off, so when 20% off was offered on selected sets including this one I jumped on it. I think I have a thing for bold stamp sets! (don’t tell anyone about my addiction please…..very embarrassing).
I will say though I had inspiration from the Stampin’ Up site for this one. I changed it a little but same layout applies. Maybe I should have submitted this one as my Kwerner CI for this week. It definitely got me in the red mood….lol
- Stamp Set- Big Bold Birthday
- Cardstock- Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and Rose Red DSP
- Ink- Rose Red, Close to Cocoa and Wild Wasabi
- Accessories- Bashful Blue Striped Ribbon and Brads
- Tools- Dimensionals, Two way glue pen, Glue Dots, Brad hole punch, Scissors and Tape.
I traced around a chipboard scallop border to get my scallop edge (can not wait for the scallop edge punch). I also ran my fingernail down the edge of the Rose Red CS to distress it. I just love that effect. The brads are supposed to represent sprinkles on top of the cupcake. I think it works! The bashful Blue CS has second generation stamping with the dots stamp. Just for some added texture. I really like how this card has worked out. Now I will just give it to myself for tomorrow……..seriously I will!