Well I finally did it! I have hosted and demonstrated my first ever Stampin’ Up Party. It was a great success, not only in sales but all of my friends and family had an absolute blast! I was a little concerned I wasn’t keeping up, but everyone assured me that I was. Now that it’s over and my first party jitters have subsided I can relax, but not for long though I have some parties booked and will have to organise my next fabulous demonstration!…lol. Well after a hard nights work my beautiful friend Sandy and I spent the day card making..(of course)
This card is number 2 in the KwernerColour Inspiration Challenges. The colours were Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom and So Saffron. The next challenge I had was using the stamp set that my friend chose. She had a good look at all the sets I had and ended up pulling out Friendship Blooms, a set that was available to customers to choose for free after purchasing $100 of product. What a great promotion it was. There was four sets and I achieved them all ( I was not a consultant back then).
- Stamp Set- Friendship Blooms
- Cardstock- Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava and Blush Blossom.
- Ink- Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Blush Blossom and So Saffron
- Accessories- Groovy Guava Ribbon
- Tools- Dimensionals, Aqua Pen, Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig and Tape
I still need to practice the Aqua Pen because my coverage is not very even but I’m definately improving. They are little hard to see but I also stamped the Blush Blossom Cardstock in matching ink with swirls. I cut scallops in the cardstock and then sponged the edges with Groovy Guava to blend the edge. To be honest I’m not a huge fan of Groovy Guava, but I like the end result!
My next little beauty is another Kwerner Colour Inspiration, this was number 1. They are Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip. I also cased Kristina Werners blog tutorials and it showed how to tie the perfect knot in grosgrain ribbon. I think I did really well….don’t you think?!
- Stamp Sets- Big Blooms, Lovely labels and Sanded BG
- Cardstock- Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink.
- Ink- Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip and Purely Pomegranate
- Accessories- Chocolate Chip Ribbon
- Tools- Dimensionals and Tape
With the large bloom I Performed the ‘Rock and Roll’ Technique. First inking the stamp in the Pumpkin Pie and then Rolling the edge of the stamp in the Purely Pomegranate. I’m not entirely happy with it but I’m sure I will play with it some more.
Last but not least is a card that can be used for fathers day as it is coming up pretty quickly! I did this one a while ago but thought I would show and tell.
- Stamp Set- Bronc Buster and Wanted
- Cardstock- Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sage Shadow, Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla and Outlaw DSP
- Ink- Chocolate Chip
- Accessories- Copper Brads and Chocolate Chip Ribbon
- Tools-Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig and Tape
I won’t jabber on too much more as I have to go scrapping tonight at the local Scrap Shop. Yes that’s right I have to go! My Thursday night vigil to the scrap shop was hindered last Thursday and now tonight is the night. I haven’t done a page in a week and a half and I’m wondering if my “mojo” is still flowing! I tell you for my hubbies safety IT BETTER BE…….lol
Thanks for looking!