Oh What a Night!!!
And what a night it was. I, again, have been at Theresas place and we both had a card making storm. I had a great time as I always do! I went there with challenges in hand, and these challenges were colour throwdowns numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4. I managed to do challenges 1, 2 and 3. Theresa did 1 and 4, amongst a whole heap of others.
This is my result for challenge 2. I was pretty happy with it. I used-
- Stamp Sets- One of a Kind and Sanded BG
- Cardstock- Cool Caribbean, Pumpkin Pie and Barely Banana
- Inks- Staz-on, Pumpkin Pie and Cool Caribbean
- Accessories- Pumpkin Pie Ribbon, Barely Banana marker
- Tools- Dimensionals, Aqua Pen, sponge, Snail Trail and Stamp-a-ma-jig.
I stamped the Barely Banana with the sanded BG stamp in Pumpkin pie to break up the starkness. I then stamped the flower image in Staz-on black and then proceeded to watercolour the flower in Pumpkin Pie and Cool Caribbean Inks with the Aqua Pen. I went a little too dark on the first petal but I think I managed to blend it in okay. I then Stamped the inner flower, and because I didn’t have Barely Banana Ink (not for too much longer though), I used a marker, I coloured it in then breathed on it to re moisten the image then stamped it on to Barely Banana Cardstock. I then rolled the edges in Cool Caribbean Ink and dimensionaled it on to larger flower image. I also sponged the outer edge.
Well on to the next card!
This is colour throwdown #1. I think these are a beautiful combo and instead of doing what I would usually do with these colours ( meaning flowers), I thought I would give a Christmas card a go…..I know I know”What is she thinking? Those aren’t christmas colours” But I wanted to challenge myself, and I think it didn’t turn out too bad!
See isn’t ti nice! Therese liked it too and did her own version in these colours as well. I used-
- Stamp Sets- Season of Joy and Sanded BG
- Cardstock- Sage Shadow, Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink
- Inks- Sage Shadow, Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose
- Accessories- Regal Rose ribbon
- Tools- Stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals and snail Trail
Again I used the sanded BG. I’m absolutely in love with it. It was my “Welcome to Stampin’ Up” gift from my fabulous upline Theresa Miers and I haven’t been able to put it down since….LOL.
My next card was the colour throwdown #3 and I’m not going to upload as I’m waiting on a Stamp Set to finish it and when it is done I will upload it. So stay tuned.
Lucky last is my Uplines very own design. You can see Theresas design on her site. But here is mine-
It’s gorgeous isn’t it! It’s also another Christamas Card veering away from Traditional colours. I loved it so much that it is nearly an exact copy, the only thing I did different was the wheel stamp. I love the Baroque Border. It’s a beautiful design and I like how it goes with the Season of Joy Stamp Set. I used-
- Stamp Sets- Season of Joy and Baroque Border Wheel
- Cardstock- Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla and Spring Silhouettes PP
- Inks- Blue Bayou
- Accessories- Blue Bayou Double stitched ribbon
- Tools- Dimensionals, Standard Wheel and Snail Trail
I stamped the main image twice, Once on Very Vanilla and once on Soft Sky, and then cut/punch out some of the elements in the soft sky and adhered them to the Vanilla to give it some lift!
Well that is what we got up to last night and it was heaps of fun I can assure you. I look forward to my visits with Theresa and hope there will be plenty more.
Thanks for looking!
Entry filed under: Uncategorized. Tags: .